12 March 2009

treasures

All that glitters is not Grimwades.....



O.K. so its not Royal Winton but its still lovely. I think I'm turning into a magpie when I'm browsing these charity shops. Just what I need as a prop for my next bun knitting project.
Not doing much knitting these days. My son came home with an art homework to do a painting in the style of the Fauvists. This inspired me to get the brushes and paint out, which were languishing in the back of the cupboard. I painted some old fashioned dolly pegs...not in the style of the fauvists!!!!.... for myself and also a few sets for my etsy shop.



I recently discovered the work of Melanie Tomlinson. She makes the most amazing jewelled coloured pieces in tin. As a special birthday treat I choose this butterfly brooch, which came in such lovely packaging.


I had great difficulty choosing between an amazing array of butterflies, moths and birds.
Bye for now, Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.