14 April 2010

london break

I'm just back from a very tiring, but enjoyable few days in London.
First port of call, was the exhibition - Quilts (1700 - 2010) at the V&A. The visit was most inspirational. My favourite quilt has to be the Liberty Jack quilt by Janey Forgan because of her use of Liberty fabrics and the lovely colour scheme. I found myself being moved standing in front of some of these quilts. If you can make it, its well worth a visit.


I also had to pay Liberty a visit....heres me browsing through the lighting.


They have lots of quilts displayed inside and some very interesting ones in their window display!!!!!

Here's a photo of the back of the Liberty building at the Carnaby street entrance. The whole wall is painted with a Liberty print........stunning!
Bye, Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.