26 July 2011

leaf quilt

I saw this 24 Leaf Quilt on Marion Boddy-Evan's blog and loved the simplicity of the design. The tree also reminded me of a lime tree I have in my back garden. Today I have just finished my own quilt based on her design. The tree trunk is a tweed material. I have also included a blue tit and a grey squirrel in the design as they are both frequent visitors to my back garden. Not sure about the blue leaves though, I thought they were a good idea at the time, to coordinate with the blue leaf patterned curtains in the hall. Not sure about the squirrel either, I think his head is too small- but just glad to have it finished.
Here it is.....

and some details of the quilt.....



Bye, Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.