14 July 2016

wildlife nests

I was on facebook recently, and noticed a call for knitters and crocheters to make nests for rescued birds and small mammals. So I thought I would knit up a few. You have to register to access patterns and for more details click here. They knit up quickly using two strands of double knit, as the nests need to made without holes or gaps. Crochet patterns are also available, if you prefer this. There is also a facebook page with information, click here.
Here are two of my attempts, looking a bit empty at the moment.......

All is needed is a few furry or feathery friends.
Till next time, Ali.

5 comments:

  1. awe what a really lovely idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some of these a couple of years ago. My pattern called for three strands of dk. It produced a really sturdy nest but my hands ached like mad afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a lovely idea! Knitted nests look so pretty as decorations, especially with little eggs inside, but making them for real creatures to use is even better!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool Ali! Fab new homes!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are lovely. I just have one problem. Can you be selective about the small mammals? Dormice and hedgehogs and cuties ok. The rats I see scuttling along the motorway less so!

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.