17 June 2012

mossley mill exhibition

I took myself off yesterday to the Mossley Mill, Newtownabbey, to see the "Stitching the Legend" Exhibition. It is the work of a small cross border group of textile artists from various parts of Northern Ireland and Ireland. I fell in love with Ester Keily's work. She has wall hangings, panels and notebook covers displayed.....all amazing.
Here are photos of one of her panels - "Salt fell like Snow"



The exhibition is open until the 30th June, so still time to go.
Bye, Ali.

2 comments:

  1. This is very gorgeous piece, thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful week, Monika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! It's lovely to receive some feedback from this exhibition. Family life was just too busy this month to give me the chance to travel to Newtownabbey to see the work in situ, but I do have photos which I will post on my own blog soon. Thanks for visiting my blog also, and hope our paths will cross. I'm speaking at the Northern Irish Patworkers Guild in October, so if you are a member there, perhaps we will meet!

    ReplyDelete

Id love to hear what you think about my blog, knits etc.